Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hello and welcome to my blog. I’m kind of new to all of this, so please bear with me.
About me: I am 42 years old, married with 4 kids. 3 steps and 1 amazing son named Jack. (Hence the name Jaxdad)
I am about to embark on a 2 week motorcycle trip to the west coast and back. My wife and best friend Diehnee has been supportive, she told me to go for it.
So with less than 8 days before my departure I am getting all ready to go. I’m not new to touring on a motorcycle; in fact I have traveled quite far over the years.
Most of my trips have been with some close friends. While I understand that they are unable to make the journey, that doesn’t dismiss the fact that I am going to miss not having them by my side. I guess it’s that comfort factor of being with friends you know, love and trust. This time, I am riding with someone new and I will admit I am a bit nervous about it. His name is Mike, a fellow paramedic and partner from work.
I have had a dream of doing this ride for a few years now, I have stressed over what I wanted to see, roads to ride, pictures to take and what stops to make.
I have been gathering equipment based on experiences from both my trips and friend’s trips. I just hope that I am prepared for the journey. Some of the locations I want to see:
Niagara falls, The Great Lakes, Mackinaw City(for my friend Jeff…you know why), Vancouver BC, Seattle space needle, Devil’s Tower, Mt. Rushmore, STURGIS, the Harley Davidson Museum and home…sounds pretty aggressive huh…we shall see. So welcome to my blog, I hope you will follow me on this journey….

No comments:

Post a Comment